Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ingrown hairs

I recently purchased the medium sugar from you. I've had issues with ingrowns even with exfoliating and using Crushed aspirin. I started making my own sugar at home then I got lazy and found you. I Thought by sugaring it would make my coarse curly hairs eventually get thinner. However each time I don't want to have to deal with the issue of ingrowns. What do u suggest?

• edited May 2016
    The sugaring can cause the hair to come in thinner over time but sometimes it may not. When you pull the hair out when sugaring or waxing and there is a little blood dot where the hair follicle is then the follicle was slightly damaged in a good way where the hair will begin to break down a little more every time. I have seen clients hair over time not be affected in this way at all and then some clients where they can come in a lot less to have the sugaring done because they have a significantly less amount of hair and what hair is there is fine and thinner.
    When battling ingrown hairs, I find that finding a happy medium with exfoliating is best. To much exfoliation will cause ingrown hairs and not enough exfoliation will cause ingrown hairs. I suggest exfoliating every other day or every two days will give the best results. Waiting a few days after the latest sugaring is also a good idea because your skin is already so exfoliated from sugaring.
    Let me know if you have any questions and how everything is coming along for you.
  • I'll continue to exfoliate. I'm coming up on the second sugar session using your wax. I might also get the. Bleaching cream you have for hyperpigmentation as well. What's the time span on results?
  • It is a little different for everyone but there are people who have seen results in a few weeks up to 6 weeks. Once the area is the shade you want you can go from a daily application to 3-4 times a week to maintain the results. Also it is a good idea to take pictures to track your progress